Friday, May 30, 2008

More "Persevering Productivity"

If you're wondering about the title of this post, I'm referring to THIS in which I naively announce all the things I'm going to get done in 2008. HAH! It's now almost June. I am about halfway through the year and still have a llloooonnnngggg way to go towards getting all that done. I'm making good progress in the sewing and stash-busting department. I've stash-busted almost 150 yards. I'm making fairly decent progress in the home organization efforts. Still a long way to go, however. The marathon-shape thing? We're not going to talk about that. Pretend I never said that. I was delusional. I must have been watching Chariots of Fire again and forgot that I'm more than 2x the main character's age.

I recently learned that we will be having house guests in a few weeks. So I need to lay aside the sewing for a bit and do some prep work for that. Company coming is always a nice little pressure to get some things done that need to be done anyway. So...those of you who come here strictly for the sewing, might be bored for the next dozen posts or so. I'm going to be posting my organizational and decorating projects. I will get back to sewing as soon as I can. :)

And with that caveat, here are pics of what I did yesterday. I cleaned out and organized a whole wall of bookshelves. Fifteen feet. I hauled out FOUR black bags of stuff to the trash. After everything was reorganized, I arranged them as prettily as a REAL library allows (Those libraries in magazines must be for non-readers. The books are color-coordinated and there are NO paperbacks.), tucked in bits of greenery and then hung some vintage landscapes on the fronts. This was an idea I saw in Country Sampler Decorating Ideas years and years ago.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful!! :) I always wondered about those bookshelves that have more knick knacks than books lol!

I have company coming in a couple weeks as well...maybe if you stay ontop of it I can just follow your lead and I'll be done without having to do much thinking about it ;)

Laura in VA

Alexandra said...

That looks great! I like the bits of greenery - I don't know what it is, but greenery really adds a nice touch to just about everything.

Keely said...

I always find that having people over is a great motivator to get things done too. Your bookshelves look good - tidy but still usable. I always think those magazine type shelves look like the owners only buy books if they fit in with the decor, lol.