Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mother's Day Gifts You Can Make - Idea Ten



Today's suggestion for my Mother's Day Gift idea series is an old one...creating themed gift baskets. I love putting together pretty baskets of fun little odds and ends. Such fun to explore and discover each little goodie. The one below is a crafter/seamstress's basket. Lots of fun pretties. There are...(I apologize for the poor photos. I took this at night and there was no natural lighting available).

Handmade buttons covered with vintage linens and fragments of an antique silk kimono. Strung onto a hand-crafted card with a cute kitty tag.



Perle cotton for hand-embroidery, strung onto hand-crafted cardboard spools made from pre-cut tags, vintage gift wrap, vintage greeting card cut-outs and then strung onto wire.



Hand-painted vintage seam binding which I bought from Pink Rose Pastries. She has the most adorable stuff ever!

Ribbons and trims wrapped onto glitter-crusted vintage clothespins



There are also handcrafted gift tags, tiny tassels, vintage laces and trims, a large albino silk peacock (out of this world!) silk flowers, snowflake crochet kits, cards hand-crafted from vintage papers, and pink vintage bump chenille wire. All on a bed of hand-shredded vintage music.





Here are theme ideas for your own basket:

Gardening
Cooking
Massage
Bath
Reading
Crochet
Knitting
Scrapbooking
Card-Making
Candles
Favorite Sport
Music
Picnic
Chocolate
Espresso
Tea
Foreign Foods
Travel

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the basket ideas- and all your tutorials. They are so time consuming to photograph, load and write. You're an absolute peach!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Charity, I can't believe I found you here!!!!! It's been so long since I saw you last on Ebay! How ya doing, gal??????? Just LOVE your blog here. Can't wait to read through it all. Today's entry about the covered buttons, etc., is just wonderful!!!!! Love it!

Do stop by my blog! And here's a big hug for a long lost friend!!!!!

Cora

Keely said...

Some brilliant ideas in your tutorials. Thank you so much.
BTW - I've tagged you. See my blog for details. :)

Anonymous said...

Charity...your blog is great! I have missed you too and thankful that Cora found your blog....I will be back!

Penny @ Miss Pootsie's Primitives said...

Charity! Hi... remember me? Cora told us about your blog, so I had to check it out. I just LOVE that baby shoe pincushion. So darling! Glad to 'see' you again, Penny (Miss Pootsie's Primitives)

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh my, I love your blog. I love vintage and I love to sew. All vintage cards, patterns and trim are one of my weakness. I may have to make one of these Mothers Day gifts for, Me. The baby shoe pin cushion is what I want. I can't wait to see more. Hugs, RoseMarie