Saturday, June 30, 2007

Calzone!

I got to thinking about a friend I haven't seen for ages. In particular about an evening we spent in her home playing board games and eating her marvelous homemade calzone. Before I knew it Calzone Cravings had taken complete control and I knew what we had to have for dinner that night. I made my calzone using a pizza dough recipe which I roll out into slightly elongated circles. Then I spread on marinara sauce and whatever filling I might have on hand. I usually make my own marinara sauce, but this time I simply opted for Prego. What can I say? I had laundry that needed to be done! Then I top with cheddar or mozzarella cheese and finish them off with a good dousing of Parmesan.

It was marvelous timing because Casey returned from an Airsoft Party with three hungry overnight guests. And what better to feed a mob of growing teenaged boys then Calzone??












Charity

2 comments:

Christy Amular said...

yum yum yum!

Renna said...

Those look delicious! :-)