Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ahoy Maties!

Today, I set the alarm for 5:30 a.m. so I could have a bit of time to sew before I started in on the usual homeschooling-housecleaning-parenting daily cycle. It was soooo warm even at that early hour that I just couldn't bring myself to sew on the red sweater knit, as lovely as it is. I decided to work on the tropical outfit below. I just love navy and white together! I don't think there's anything crisper. I still haven't made up my mind on the straps on this outfit. I kind of like them on the outside for a change. Sort of gives a suspender effect. And the buttons will not make the final cut. They're just placeholders while I contemplate the design. I am waffling back and forth between traditional silver crested buttons with sculpted anchors or some navy and white striped buttons for a crisper, more modern rendition. Decisions, decisions.



Charity

1 comment:

Lisa Laree said...

Cute! I really like the buttons on the pants!