Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ethnic Beaded Top

I had started this top before I was interrupted by my illness and then house guests. I finished it up today. It's a discontinued Simplicity pattern of square neck top and skorts. I sewed it up in a batik ethnic-flavored cotton print that I have had in my stash for quite some time. I set the sleeves on the bias, something I had been wanting to try after reading an article on the subject in Threads magazine. To add a bit of interest I beaded the neckline making a small "tassel" from the beads in the center front. Sorry about the bad photos. Too late in the day for good indoor lighting...




Next up is the same pattern in a paisley border print and one in a black and white floral pique. They will be longer in length. The one above wasn't quite as "tunic-y" as I wanted.

1 comment:

Lindsay T said...

Cute! Love the embellishment. Thanks for the kinds words about my cat.