This is my current Sewing To Do list. Updated in italics.
Immediate (this week!)
Alter a friend's bridesmaid dress - DONE! I finished this last night. It is a beautiful duchess satin dress in a gorgeous shade of copper. Fully lined and with a chiffon drape over the bust. It needed taken in on each side, which meant taking apart the drape, satin and lining at the upper edge, taking in 1/2 inch on all of them and then putting it back together. Then shortened the straps 1 5/8 inch. That wasn't so bad. The pain was hemming it 1.5 inches. It had a narrow rolled hem. I didn't want it to look different from the other bridesmaids, so I had to reproduce that in a dress with side seams, a back seam and front AND back princess seams. What a pain to try to roll through that many seam allowances! I was almost in tears trying to use the foot. Just wouldn't work through all those layers. So I had to do a tiny, tiny, tiny hem the turn-and-press way. What a pain! But the end result was just fine.
Put the last border on my Lavender Quilt top - Fabric has been pre-washed and ironed. Need to go clear off my cutting table so I can cut and attach this last border. Then the top will be ready for applique.
Sandwich and Baste a flannel quilt top (A year old UFO!) - Nothing new to report
Short Term (through the summer)
Art Coat - Nothing new to report. Shopping without success for a colorful, but sturdy lining. Thinking through underlining and how much warmth I want. Still need to post sketches for you all
Finish Lavender Quilt - See above
Finish Flannel Quilt Top - Nothing new to report
Karess' Harvest Dress - Secured fabric for dress and appliques. Need to still select the fabric for the reverse facings.
Long Term (by next summer)
Finish UFO Crazy Quilt (tons of hand-stitching, beading, etc.) Nothing new to report
Perhaps a capsule wardrobe - Nothing new to report