Friday, March 07, 2008

Batter Up!

I bought this pattern not too long ago and decided to give it a quick muslin run from some hot pink polyester plisse microcheck that has been in my stash for about 12 years! I'm really on the fence about this pattern. Have a bit of a love-hate thing going on. I love it in the dotted matte jersey as shown on the front of the pattern envelope, but am not crazy about it in a solid. I think the style is so plain that unless its made from a trendy print, it starts to smack of "grannies housedress." I'll post a pic when I get a little further along. Because of the raglan sleeeves I can't really get it onto a hanger until the neckband is applied - and by then it's almost done. I will be doing some embellishment on the neckband. Some light free-motion quilting with an overlay of stretch netting and then some hand-beading. Will post pics. I have to make a trip to town tomm and then have church Sunday, so unlesss some time presents itself for photo-taking, it will probably be Monday before I get pics up.



Charity

No comments: