Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Eyelet Paranoia

So...I'm almost done with this long-sleeved tee for the nautical wardrobe. It was a little plain so I decided to add some eyelets along the neckline and at the sleeve hem. The only thing after that is to hem the sleeves and the bottom hem. But I'm nervous about setting these eyelets. You have to cut a hole, poke the eyelet pieces through (one in front, the partner from the back) and then pound it in place. Once they're snapped together there's no removing them. And if you cut the hole too big, it will show around the edge of the eyelet and the eyelet can pull out. So it's a very exacting procedure and I'm nervous to start it. Sigh...I must have a Sewing Self-Destructive Streak that causes me to choose projects whose final steps I detest. This is how UFOS are made (UnFinished Objects). And no...I haven't finished the buttonholes on my peacoat yet. :(



Charity

2 comments:

Tamara said...

The eyelets look really cute on the shirt. I wish you luck for getting them all on there easily.

Patty said...

I have enjoyed watching your collection come together, and the eyelets absolutely MAKE this top!
I know it's scary, but you can do it :-)