Friday, August 03, 2007

Seinfeld Inspired Tags

Yes, you're right...the Seinfeld influence is nowhere to be seen on these tags. But I was watching Seinfeld while creating them and "Seinfeld Inspired Tags" sounded like a better title than "Yet Another Collage Tag". I found some vintage embroidery transfers recently and was experimenting with using them in collage art. These are the results.



And a halloween mini-banner...I'm not one who likes the really ghoulish Halloween decorations and figure I must not be the only one out there. When I found these Retro Owl vintage greeting cards, I thought they'd make a fun, more feminine, Alternative-Halloween decoration. So I harvested him off his Get Well card, cut around all the intricate floral detailing and mounted him on this spunky grass green paper. A slight touch of Barbie pink pinked matting brings a feminine touch before going the more traditional route and adding a spider web patterned paper. Then the fun part. A corrugated heart adds a bit of the primitive with its "Halloween Fun" message. Pink chenille hanger. "BOO" lettering. "Owl" tag. A ruffle made from a page of Leaf Art craft instruction. And we're all set!



A Sneak Peek at a new listing on Etsy, a "Dream" flora and fauna-inspired banner.


Charity

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Great looking tag

Donna O'Brien said...

I love Seinfeld AND your tags!
:)
Donna