Thursday, July 13, 2006

Snow Queens On My Mind

It's a sweltering 73 degrees here in Alaska - hot by our standards. Yet, I'm already looking forward to Fall and Winter fashions. I've never been one who cared much for summer fashions. I love wool and tweeds and corduroy and flannels and all those other plush, textured, scrumptious, cozy fabrics.

In particular, I've got costumes on my mind. I'm not really a Halloween person, but I do love the imaginative fun of children's "let's pretend" play. And what better way to enable that then to bless a child with a gorgeous, to-die-for costume?!

I've been invited to be part of two different Ebay costume launches. The hard part is figuring out which of dozens of ideas to pursue. I'm totally enamoured with the idea of doing a Snow Queen costume. But sketches have ran amok, producing dozens of incompatible tangents. There was the 20s Erte Snow Queen. The Mongolian-inspired Snow Queen. The Elven Snow Queen. An equestrian, riding habit-inspired Snow Queen. And even a little brother Russian Cossack-inspired Jack Frost. Which to do? Which to do?

Well, one launch will get the Elven Snow Queen and the other the Mongolian. Then I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a chance to bring to life the myriad of other design ideas I have as well. I hope Ebay has room for a plethora of Snow Queens....

Imaginative Sewing to You!

Charity

No comments: