Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Satisfaction



This is why I sew...

There is something so innately satisfying in giving birth to an idea. In bringing to reality a dream, an image, an idea, a mood. I have been laboring on the above design for more than two weeks. There were some difficulties inherent in this design and then there were some unexpected, heart-rending disasters. But the frustrations were quickly forgotten when I saw my model flying towards me out of her dressing room. Grinning from ear to ear. Twirling to make her skirt fly. Shyly thanking me for letting her wear such a "beeeee-yoooo-ti-ful" dress. It was so worth it.

Sew Long

Charity

1 comment:

Gina ~ Peace, Love, and Homeschool said...

This is just so precious, Charity! I love it!

I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Thanks so much for sharing your God given talent with us all. :)

AKA Gina in NM (from CHF)