Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cold Feet

I'm getting cold feet on my choice for the Designer Knock-Off Contest. After looking at photos of my white suit, I'm thinking that a super cropped jacket isn't going to look right with me being a little on the busty side. I want to try on some bolero length jackets at the stores before I cut out the Rodriguez suit.

So...in the meantime, I'm doing a trial run of a Butterick jacket pattern that I've been wanting to sew for some time. I don't want to cut it out yet in my chosen fabric without doing a muslin first. So I chose a floral corduroy that I'm not that particularly fond of. I combined it with some vintage root-beer plaid shirting, using it in some flange seam inserts and some bias binding on the collar and cuffs. Here are some pics so far...

Bias flanges in armscye and exterior arm seam


Close up of seam treatment


Bias Bound Collar


Butterick Pattern

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I really like the floral combined with the plaid. What a nice combination.