Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Laundry Day!


“I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry, because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?" ---Anonymous


I LOVE that quote! But despite that, I am doing laundry today. I have only a tiny closet with bifold doors for a laundry room. It barely fits the washer and dryer side by side. Not that I'm complaining. In some part of the world women still beat clothing on rocks by the river side. And my own mother, as a newlywed, washed diapers in the bathtub and then hand-cranked them through a wringer before drying them on the line. So, truly, I'm grateful for the modern conveniences afforded to homemakers today! But if I WAS going to have a laundry room, these are lovely, don'cha think?




No comments: