Saturday, June 23, 2007

Experimenting with Felted Wool

I have always loved boiled wool garments. They are so comfortable, warm and yet elegant. So I've been happy to see a resurgence of interest in and increased availability of wool textiles. Especially the felted wool crafts that have been popping up around town, in magazines and on online marketplaces such as Etsy and Ebay. I just had to try it myself. So I've been experimenting with felting vintage wool sweaters. This is the first project I've completed with the results of my messing around...



It's not currently up for auction. Ebay is notoriously slow during the summer so I'm simply crafting and sewing to increase my inventory for when things pick up in August. So if you're interested in it, watch for it in a couple of months! :)

Charity

No comments: