Sunday, October 29, 2006

Dapper Dan...a Golfing Man

In my sketchbook for some time now has been a design inspired by 20s era golfing attire. I finally decided to tackle it. I'm using a nubby sweater knit for the v-neck vest. It will have an appliqued and satin-stitched argyle design on the front and self-ribbing. The knee length knickers are from a tone on tone brown plaid corduroy. There will be a "fat boy" (those chunky, short ties) tie from a brown/blue stripe. I want to make one of those driving caps, kind of like a newsboy, but flatter on the top. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to figure out how to draft the pattern for that. It may end up being more of a newsboy cap. I wanted to make the cap out of some brown wool tweed, but I have none on hand and it's all about using up the stash right now! So I will settle on a "tweed-ish" oatmeal corduroy. I'm making it in a Size 2/3T and the goal is to have it finished up by tomm. night. Only problem is that attempts to satin-stitch the diagonal lines necessary to finish up the appliqued corduroy keeps resulting in rippling. I have not been able to find the right stabilizer for this particular fabric. So...on goes the battle. Here are fabric swatch pics...





Charity

1 comment:

PSBBDesigns said...

This looks like it's going to be absolutely adorable. Will we be able to see a finished photo?

Beth