Friday, April 04, 2008

Coming Attraction

Watch this spot. I'm working on a tutorial for Pin-tucked Strip-Piecing. This is a technique I used to make the skirt on the little dress below. I'm using it to make Skirt #22 and thought I'd go ahead and take pics during the construction process so I could share the how-to's.



And you can see a little of the pintuck detailing here...



PS - Allison asked about the photos in her comment attached to this post. No, I did not take these photos. Several years ago I had an online children's design business. I sold mostly on Ebay, but did some private custom orders as well. There were quite a few Moms who were regular customers of Ebay designers. They would often be so generous as to take photos for designers' portfolios. These photos were part of a large collection featuring Ebay model, Sarah, and taken by her mother, Stacey. Isn't she adorable with those dark curls and big eyes? I think she was about 3 years old at the time. She's probably gotten to be a big girl by now! These photos were taken at her grandparents country club somewhere on the East Coast. They ARE beautiful, aren't they? I have about 20 more and each one is exquisite!

4 comments:

AllisonC said...

Wow did you take those photos, they are amazing! And I also wanted to add that you are doing such a fabulous job with your hundred skirt project.

Lori said...

Gorgeous dress and thanks for the tutorial.

Juliane said...

Gorgeous dress, and the sleeves are so neat! Are they buttoned on?

Thanks for the tutorial. I really learn something everytime I read your blog!

Unknown said...

Actually, it's a halter dress with a bolero jacket. The bolero jacket's side seams have little elastic loops and pearl buttons. It was too small of a seam to effectively do the normal way. I might have a pic of the bolero in a close-up. I'll look and if so, post it.